Integers Fold it Up for Your Interactive Notebooks
Will you be teaching about integers in your middle school math class soon? If so, this integers fold it up is a great addition for your interactive notebooks.
The integers fold it up is very easy for students to use.
- Students simply cut out the large rectangle (pictured below)
- They fold the triangles into the center, so the terms are showing on the outside.
- Students add the integer-related definitions inside the fold it up (suggested definitions are provided in the download)
- Last, they glue the integers fold it up onto a page with a number line.
I especially like this integers fold it up, because of the fact that it gets glued onto the second page, with the number line.
This allows for some flexibility when teaching about negatives, positives, and opposites integers.
- The number line can be used during the introduction of the integer concepts, to label vocabulary on the number line, making it visual.
- Or, it can be used during review, when preparing for a test or quiz….students can label when self-quizzing (or quizzing each other)!
Among other things this summer, I’ve been working hard on creating new units for 6th grade math. I’ve made an effort to include different “colorable” sections on many of the pages, and all of the units include a couple different fold it ups that I’ve created or tweaked over the years. I love the fold it ups, as I’m sure many of you do.
This integers fold it up is one from my Rational Numbers unit – (it’s also in my fold it up “book,” but the labels on that one are black rather than “colorable”).
Use the button below to download the Integers Fold it Up.